Jazz Central Studios
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Jazz Central Studios is dedicated to preserving the innovative jazz arts in the Twin Cities. We present live music to the community in a non-commercial listening environment and encourage collaboration and education among musicians of wide and varied experience.
- Thu, Dec 07Dec 07, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Fri, Dec 08Dec 08, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMDec 08, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMChristian Swenson is a multi-instrumentalist from Minneapolis, MN. He is currently a senior studying music composition at Bethel University, whilst studying with Pete Enblom and Jake Baldwin outside of school. You can expect to hear original compositions/arrangements as well as compositions by Ro
- Sat, Dec 09Dec 09, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMDec 09, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMTed Godbout is a pianist, keyboardist, composer, and educator based in Minneapolis. In addition to working as a sideman in various groups around the Twin Cities he leads his trio which will be performing works and arrangements by Horace Silver, Cedar Walton, Ron Carter, Ted Godbout, and more.
- Tue, Dec 12Dec 12, 2023, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- Tue, Dec 19Dec 19, 2023, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PMDec 19, 2023, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PMLed by chief detonators Doug Haining, sax, and Scott Agster, trombone, the Explosion Big Band draws from the area’s finest musicians. The EXPLOSION is ready to detonate with the classic sounds of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and more modern sounds of Thad Jones, Clare Fischer, Pat Metheny & others.
- Wed, Dec 20Dec 20, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Thu, Dec 21Dec 21, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Fri, Dec 22Dec 22, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat, Dec 23Dec 23, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Tue, Dec 26Dec 26, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Sat, Dec 30Dec 30, 2023, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Wed, Jan 03Jan 03, 2024, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMJan 03, 2024, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMEthan Ostrow is a New York-based pianist, composer, and vocalist originally from Berkeley, CA. Ethan’s band, The Outside In, approaches modern jazz with heavy rock sensibilities; like a blend between the Brian Blade Fellowship, Snarky Puppy, the Pat Metheny Group, and something completely new.
Jazz Central Studios is located in the Old St. Anthony neighborhood on the west bank of the Mississippi river. The main entrance is directly across the street from the Aveda Institute at the corner of 4th Street Southeast and Central Avenue Southeast.
Metered street parking is available on our block but be sure to verify times.
407 Central Avenue Southeast
Minneapolis, MN 55414 (Lower Level)