Jazz Central Studios
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Jazz Central Studios is dedicated to preserving the innovative jazz arts in the Twin Cities. We present live music to the community in a non-commercial listening environment and encourage collaboration and education among musicians of wide and varied experience.
- Tue, Sep 26Sep 26, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PMSep 26, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PMFounded in 2014 by Geoffrey West Senn (trumpet) and Mac Santiago (percussionist/drum set), the Twin Cites Latin Jazz Orchestra (TCLJO) brings together the drama of big band jazz, the rhythmic intensity of Latin music, and the virtuosity of eighteen of the Twin Cities’ most accomplished musicians.
- Tue, Oct 03Oct 03, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- Tue, Oct 10Oct 10, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- Sat, Oct 14Oct 14, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Tue, Oct 17Oct 17, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PMOct 17, 8:30 PM – 10:30 PMLed by chief detonators Doug Haining, sax, and Scott Agster, trombone, the Explosion Big Band draws from the area’s finest musicians. The EXPLOSION is ready to detonate with the classic sounds of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and more modern sounds of Thad Jones, Clare Fischer, Pat Metheny & others.
Jazz Central Studios is located in the Old St. Anthony neighborhood on the west bank of the Mississippi river. The main entrance is directly across the street from the Aveda Institute at the corner of 4th Street Southeast and Central Avenue Southeast.
Metered street parking is available on our block but be sure to verify times.
407 Central Avenue Southeast
Minneapolis, MN 55414 (Lower Level)